After deciding on a retirement financial advisor, it’s important to vet them thoroughly before hiring them. You should know the following before hiring a retirement planner.
The retirement wealth advisors in Waltham will evaluate the entire financial picture of their clients, including their assets, debts, and other liabilities. These include car and mortgage payments, student loans, and small business liabilities.
They may also recommend hiring another advisor, but you should never attempt to do it yourself. Even the most knowledgeable advisors consult other people.
So, before you begin to seek a financial advisor, take some time to interview several people and make sure to ask questions.
What Is Unique About a Retirement Planning Advisor?
When looking for a retirement advisor, there are several factors to consider. While there are many different financial advisors, some specialize in certain investment areas.
- They discuss long-term care, pension benefits, when to take Social Security, and family giving and beneficiary planning.
- They also focus on cash-flow planning and long-term tax minimization.
- While a solo 401(k) plan is a common choice for small business owners, it may not be a good fit for a growing business.
- To adequately fund this plan, you will need to add employees, which is problematic. It will also be harder to get the necessary nondiscrimination tests done.
- A SEP IRA is better suited for small business owners because it allows the employer and employee to contribute to the account.
- On the other hand, a deferred income annuity lets you build your money over time. Once you reach age 50, you can start making premium payments until you retire, increasing your payment for life.
When Is the Right Time to Hire a Financial Advisor for Your Retirement?
While many people underestimate the importance of a retirement financial advisor, having your finances in order before you start your retirement is essential for stress-free living.
According to a recent survey, 45 percent of Americans have no retirement savings, with 19 percent likely to retire with less than $10,000. While there are many benefits to hiring a financial advisor, you should be aware of some risks.
- One of the most critical factors of retirement planning is preparing for the inevitable medical expenses in later years.
- The right advisor can help you create a retirement nest egg, determine how much money you need to withdraw, and guide you through penalty-free withdrawals from your retirement accounts.
- They can also help you plan for health-care costs and long-term care, tax management, estate planning, etc.
- And they can answer any questions you may have about your retirement account.
If you’re approaching retirement age and want to know how to make the most of your money, you may be wondering how to contact the right retirement wealth advisors in Waltham for retirement planning.
Furthermore, to get answers to any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We are happy to help you with your retirement planning needs. We have been in the retirement planning industry for more than a decade, so we know a thing or two about it!!