Around 20% of people living in Canada live with acne, thus making it a common skin problem. Conventional acne treatments target the symptoms and physical signs but don’t address the cause. But in Naturopathic medicine, the treatment is purely based on the cause. So they should consult with the best and top Acne Doctor Calgary.
Dr. Khush Dhaliwal (ND, BSc.) is a Licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine and the Founder of Nexus Naturopathic Medical Clinic, located in northeast central Calgary. She is passionate about skin conditions, digestive concerns, energy optimization, and women’s and hormonal health. Dr. Khush believes in the importance of patient education and different health professionals working collaboratively in the best interest of their patients.
Dr. Dhaliwal’s Personal Life and Education –
Dr. Dhaliwal was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences from the University of Calgary. Also, Dr. Dhaliwal got a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine degree from Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (now the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine) Canada. She is comfortable communicating both in Punjabi and English. Other than the clinic life, Dr. Khush enjoys spending her time with family and experimenting with new recipes.
Khush Dhaliwal gained interest in medicine while she was volunteering at the local hospital and women’s health clinic. As she was learning more about chronic health concerns in her family and the healthcare system, Khush noticed that the root causes of every disease were rarely treated. Dr. Dhaliwal strives to support her patients seeking naturopathic services at Nexus Naturopathic Medical Clinic in various areas.
Dr. Khush Dhaliwal’s area of expertise –
Acne Doctor Calgary, Dr. Dhaliwal services are not only limited to skin health but also in the following area –
● Women’s Health (PCOS, Menstrual Irregularities, Fertility, Perimenopause /menopause)
● Skin Health (Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis)
● Endocrine (Thyroid, Adrenal Health, Diabetes & insulin resistance)
● Fatigue & Energy Optimization (Addressing Endocrine Causes, Addressing Nutrient & Mineral deficiencies, Low energy & poor concentration, Optimizing sleep)
● Nervous System & Psychological (Anxiety, Insomnia, Headaches & Migraines)
● Cardiovascular (High BP, High Cholesterol)
● Immunology (Frequent Cold & Flue, Allergies, Ear, Sinus, Throat Infection)
● Gastrointestinal (Food sensitivities & celiac disease, Gas, bloating, abdominal pain, constipation & diarrhea, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) / heartburn, Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), Crohn’s disease & ulcerative colitis)
After exploring the differences between different streams of medicine and also being introduced to a naturopathic doctor, Dr. Khush pursued naturopathic medicine. After four years of clinical training and rigorous academic learning, she obtained her Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. She also completed a rotation at Positive Living BC in Vancouver during their clinical training.
● Pharmacology Prescribing Upgrade Course
● IV Therapy Education & Practical Training
● Intravenous Therapeutics
● Naturopathic Doula Course
● CPR HCP & AED Certification – St. John Ambulance
● Emergency Readiness for NDs – BKS Courses
● Naturopathic Osseous Manipulation – Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Khush also has Professional Memberships & Licensure in the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta, the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors, and the Alberta Association of Naturopathic Doctors. Individuals can book an appointment with the Acne Doctor Calgary, Dr. Khush Dhaliwal, by calling or online.