Every single one of us wants to achieve greater things in life but only some of us are able to actually make our goals come true. And one of the biggest reasons why so many of us fail at working or achieving our goals is that we are busy all the time with things that we don’t even want to do. Half of us are doing jobs that we don’t like and the other half can’t find what ticks them so they are spending all of their time partying and Netflix.
While the second half needs some deeper understanding the first half can actually be helped easily so that they can make their ends meet and work on the life they want. Sean Tarpenning is a renowned entrepreneur and mentor that has been helping and guiding people so that they can deal with their problems in a better way and become a better version of themselves. Over the years,
- Set reminders for all your tasks: The key to successful time management is knowledge of deadlines and reminder settings. Sean recommends placing a reminder 15 minutes before the meeting or activity so that you can prepare and pick up your belongings.
- Create a daily planner: Make a to-do list for the day and write it down when you know the next meeting or deadline. When you have completed your list, mark the tasks you have completed.
- Block out distractions: First, turn off email notifications. Don’t check your email every 15 minutes, allow 30 minutes to check every 2 hours. Minimize external interference from work, such as cell phones, social media, or your favorite online store.
- Establish a routine: Create a routine that best suits your position at work. Why is that important? First of all, even on chaotic days, you can get your work done while staying true to your daily routine. If you stick to your daily routine, you cannot procrastinate. More importantly, appreciate your sanity and stress levels.
- Use your energy wisely: You only have 24 hours a day, so it is important to save energy. If you invest too much time and energy in a big project in the morning, you won’t be able to complete unexpected tasks that need to be completed in the afternoon or evening. It is important to know where your limits lie so don’t get exhausted .
Efficiently managing your time will reduce your stress and increase your productivity. As Sean Tarpenning always mentions that if you want to build big things, you need to start working on them from today and the only time you got is these 24 hours.